CD Replication Sydney – How Are They Made?
With duplicated discs, the CDs are made much in the way that you would burn a CD at home, only with hundreds or even thousands of discs being made at once. CD duplication is done using large towers, each of which has numerous CD trays that are linked together and contain data from the master copy.
With replicated disks, what is known as a glass master is created. This takes place only after the original master is checked for any corruption. Once this process is complete and a perfect glass master has been created, it is used to make a stamper that is loaded onto an injection molding machine that will actually create replicates of the CD or DVD. The disc is then lacquered to keep it protected.
In both CD duplication and CD replication Sydney, discs are able to be printed upon, albeit using different methods. Both discs will contain the same data and will work in much the same way, although a replicated disc is more robust and may contain more than one data layer, unlike a duplicated disk. Beyond this, the primary difference is looks, with replicated discs having a more “professional” look than compared to duplicated ones.
What are the ‘Pros and Cons’ of CD Replication Sydney services?
- The total cost per individual CD or DVD is lower than with duplication
- A replicated DVD can hold multiple layers of data, either with two layers on a single side or a layer on each side, depending on preference
- The discs are easily screen printed
- The turnaround time for CD replication Sydney can be days longer than when compared to duplication
- There is typically a minimum order requirement for replicated CDs and DVDs
Depending on your project and business, it is recommended to work with a professional company. Start by getting their advise – implant.com.au will be happy to advise you on all your DVD and CD replication Sydney services including design, duplication, printing and packages for your finished product.